Questioning AIDS

Go Back   Questioning AIDS > Discussion Forums > Body and Mind

Old September 19th, 2012, 11:23 AM
Veteran Member (100+ posts)

jonathan barnett will become famous soon enough
Send a message via Skype™ to jonathan barnett
Default MAF 314 may be made available in the U.S.

Dr. Marco Ruggiero will be the closing speaker at the 2012 Riordan IVC and Cancer Symposium, Octorber 5-6 in Wichita, Kansas. His lecture is titled "Food-based Macrophage Activating Factor: Can It Help Cancer Patients?"

Provided there is sufficient interest, Ruggiero and the Riordan Clinic have agree to offer a one-day overview of the process involved in making the MAF 314 yogurt on Sunday, October 7. The ultimate goal is to make cultures available to patients of the Riordan Clinic, which will monitor results and progress. Trips to the clinic will hopefully be minimal.

I have been asked to liase between members of these forums and the larger AIDS alternative community and the Riordan Clinic, where I am also a patient.

There is no cost to attend the demonstration. There will be costs involved with clinic visits and the cultures themselves, for those who chose to pursue that option. This is not a study or a clinicial trial, but I have been advocating that a way be found to make the product available to more people who want to try it.

Email me at jonathan@questioningaids.com if you want to attend what may be the only the MAF314 demonstration in the U.S. this year.
Old September 19th, 2012, 07:39 PM

alpha is on a distinguished road
Default Re: MAF 314 may be made available in the U.S.

jonathan barnett:

What exactly is it that Ruggiero says is the cause of A.I.D.S. anyway?

Could you please give me the $2.00 version of his claims?

Thanks
Old September 20th, 2012, 11:32 AM

alpha:

I have been out of commission for more a week, due to a medical crisis and hospitalization. This was the only post I considered important enough to make on these forums, due to the time restraints involved for anyone wishing to meet Ruggiero and learn more about MAF 314.

You have attempted to turn this rather mundane announcement into a debate over Ruggiero's "beliefs", the very definition of going "off-topic". I am weary of your attempts to disrupt these forums with riddles, and your failure to post any of your own postulations. I would not have approved your latest posts, for the same reasons.

Whether you intend to be a provocateur or not, the results are the same, imo.

MAF 314 is a nutritional fermented product, intended, I presume, to help restore homeostasis to the microbiome of those with impaired immune systems due, at least in part, to damaged guts. I don't see that holding any particular notion about the "cause of AIDS" is required to justify this research effort.

But since your post is here, and the interest I've read elsewhere about how to get ahold of MAF 314 has not yet led anyone to seek the Yellow Brick Road to Wichita, Kansas, I'll share my own views, while disclaiming to know Ruggiero's.

"AIDS" is undoubtedly multifactoral. Not just meaning it takes multiple factors (though that may be the case for some peopel), but rather that there are may circumstances and conditions that might lead to an immune imbalance serious enough to make a person susceptible to illnesses others are exposed to, yet shrug off.

You might as well ask: "What causes cancer?" Is it smoking? Is it chemicals in our food? Is it genetic? Does cancer not exist? YOU tell me.

QA sponsored a Question and Answer with Ruggiero about a year ago. Why didn't you post your question then? It is, in fact, one of the questions I hope to ask him when we meet next month. I hope he will agree to allow me to publicize his response.

Until then, "alpha", as far as I'm concerned, as long as such a highly specialized biological researcher as yourself fails to offer us a $2 version of your own claims—despite numerous promises that such a pronouncement was imminent—you have failed to establish much credibility to challenge a published researcher with an insubstantial, sly and insinuative post. Your posts continue to serve mainly as distractions, if not outright disruptions of these forums. They grow exceedingly wearisome.

I don't take your question seriously, and I don't think other regular members here do either. You are just continuing to test and probe these forums, trying to find a wedge opening for another of your parlor games of riddles, like the "Questions for alpha" thread. 266 posts, and nothing... NOTHING of substance or usefulness from you! Before you question Ruggiero, tell us specifically what you know about the mysterious virus you and your colleagues are studying.

If you cannot do that, then please go find another playground. It's a big Internet, you know.

Do NOT try to publish any more posts with riddles in them. They will not be published. We are done playing games with you.
Old September 20th, 2012, 06:05 PM

ChickenAids is on a distinguished road

Sorry to hear that you have not been feeling well. Thanks for the information on MAF314. I am trying to see if I can work this out and will be emailing you today or tomorrow.
Old September 21st, 2012, 10:20 PM

positivenegative will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonathan barnett View Post

Until then, "alpha", as far as I'm concerned, as long as such a highly specialized biological researcher as yourself fails to offer us a $2 version of your own claims—despite numerous promises that such a pronouncement was imminent—you have failed to establish much credibility to challenge a published researcher with an insubstantial, sly and insinuative post. Your posts continue to serve mainly as distractions, if not outright disruptions of these forums. They grow exceedingly wearisome.

Do NOT try to publish any more posts with riddles in them. They will not be published. We are done playing games with you.
Alpha, here yet is another diplomatic plea for you to man up but honestly I believe you to be constitutionally incapable of grasping a manner of living which requires rigorous honesty.

On the record you most definitely demonstrate what it means to distract but that is only a symptom of a deeper problem. See, you have no relationship with your own words. You could be hack for the establishment, but I believe it worse than that, you're isolated, probably on the dole, who perhaps at one time actually had a future but you lost it along the way and now you live in a fantasy future from the past.

Something happened to you and your not honest about it. You don't even try, like a sociopath. This forum as been extremely generous and patient with you. In the beginning people here generously took you at face value but it didn't long at all for your words to degrade into a heap of meaningless pronouncements and empty promises.

Sincerely, it's a trying effort to try and make any sense of what you have to offer. However, if you ever wanted to gain even a shred of credibility, and I'm not counting on it, you would have to make a concerted acknowledgement of where you have missed the mark with your own words.

In other words, embrace your humanity.

Quote:
I think it’s a mistake to ever look for hope outside of one’s self. One day the house smells of fresh bread, the next of smoke and blood. One day you faint because the gardener cuts his finger off, within a week you’re climbing over corpses of children bombed in a subway. What hope can there be if that is so? I tried to die near the end of the war. The same dream returned each night until I dared not to go to sleep and grew quite ill. I dreamed I had a child, and even in the dream I saw it was my life, and it was an idiot, and I ran away. But it always crept onto my lap again, clutched at my clothes. Until I thought, if I could kiss it, whatever in it was my own, perhaps I could sleep. And I bent to its broken face, and it was horrible…but I kissed it. I think one must finally take one’s life in one’s arms.

Arthur Miller
from the play After the Fall
Old September 25th, 2012, 08:25 PM

This is a cross-post that I just made at the Phoenix Rising forums, which has an entire forum devoted to gcMAF:

Quote:
UPDATE:

I helped introduce my doctor, Ron Hunninghake, MD, Chief Medical Officer of the Olive W. Garvey Center for Healing Arts, the clinical division of the Riordan Clinic to Professor Marco Ruggiero, whom I met as the administrator of the Forums at Questioning AIDS, which some of you are familiar with. The Riordan Clinic is a progressive nutrition-based health center founded in 1975 that has pioneered research into high dose intravenous vitamin C for cancer and other chronic diseases, among other things. If you review their website, you will find it is an extraordinary facility in the middle of the Kansas prairie.

MAF 314 is a proprietary fermented food (dairy), and is currently available only through clinics that agree to monitor patients taking it. Until now, I have been the only patient receiving the ferment while being monitored at the Riordan Clinic. Making the yogurt is a complex, but not exceedingly difficult, multi-step process. To maximize its benefit requires some expertise and training. I can tell you from experience that it is easy to overlook a step and have to start over.

The opportunity to offer a demonstration project while Marco Ruggiero is in the U.S. to present at the 2012 Riordan IVC and Cancer Symposium was an irresistible one, and seemingly a no-brainer. I have lobbied hard and was given permission to announce it at the QA forums, in order to determine whether there was sufficient interest to warrant organizing it. Now, understandably, those interested in attending are also seeking assurances that they will not be wasting their time and limited energy to make a trek to Wichita. It has become something of a Catch-22.

I have received assurances that the demonstration will take place Sunday, October 7, from 1-4 pm at the Riordan Clinic in Wichita, Kansas. There is no charge to attend, but we are asking people to RSVP so we can plan accordingly. I can be reached via PM or email (jonathan(at)questioningaids.com)

The next question, "will I be able to buy the ferment?" is a more difficult one to answer today. This is a new venture for the Riordan Clinic, and they will not be able to give a definitive answer until after they have met with Ruggiero next month. All that I can say, following a phone visit with Dr. Ron, is that the expectation is that the clinic will be able to offer MAF 314 to their patients in the near future.

While this may not be the emphatic assurance some of you want, I think it is best for those of us involved in organizing this to be as clear as we possibly can that there are still some issues that have to be finalized. Personally, I will be very surprised if Riordan Clinic does not follow in the steps of the Cheney Clinic in making MAF 314 available, but that is strictly a personal opinion.

Costs? IF Riordan agrees to offer MAF 314, it costs a new patient approximately $200 for a basic initial consult. I can assure you that is much less than was the case when I first became a patient there a few years ago. I know it is still a consideration for people who may have to also factor in travel and lodging, which I also do.

The actual cost of MAF 314 is yet to be determined. I understand that the cost of the ferment from participating physicians in Europe, including medical consultation, can run about 2,000 EUR, or about $2,500 per year. There is also a modest weekly cost for the actual components to make the yogurt.

I hope this helps. The ability to attend the demonstration on October 7th is obviously going to depend on individual's energy and financial ability. I wish it could be more inclusive for all, but it is at least one step closer to access for some folks than was previously the case.

I will do my best to answer questions, but reserve the right to admit I may not know the answer.
Old October 5th, 2012, 10:01 PM

The MAF 314 demo, scheduled for Sunday afternoon, has been canceled.

There were no confirmed participants, and there was a sudden death in the family of the clinic's medical director, so it was canceled by the clinic.

Ruggiero's presentation will still take place at the Cancer Symposium on Saturday afternoon, and is being videotaped and will be publicly available. I let you know where to find it once it's posted. Lectures from previous symposiums are posted on the Riordan Clinic's website here, so I assume 2012 conference videos will be accessible from that same page once they are uploaded.

I also have almost 2 hours of recorded discussion with Ruggiero that I hope to make available as soon as I have time to edit and upload it (a week or two at most, I hope).

Marco is very aware of the frustration among patients who want access to MAF 314, and they are working on ways to try to make the product more available to people in the U.S. as well as simplify the preparation process. That's not going to happen tomorrow, or next week, but he is committed to doing what he can. I think his presentation and interview will help answer some of the questions that have been raised here and on the Phoenix Rising forums.
Old October 12th, 2012, 01:41 AM

I have posted the first of what will be a series of videos from a nearly two-hour interview with Marco Ruggiero last week.

The first video is a discussion about MAF 314, and the lack of availability in the U.S. so far.

Due to the poor audio and excessive background noise, I will only post videos after they have been captioned, a tedious and time-consuming task.

Some of the other topics that will be posted soon include:
  • What causes AIDS?
  • What is HIV?
  • Chronic disease, inflammation and nutrition
  • The future of medicine
  • AIDS dissidence
  • Low dose ARV monotherapy (e.g. boosted darunavir)