Thread: PEP

Default PEP

Hope all had a good Christmas (I did) -and A Happy and healthy New Year.

I think I must be getting old. But I cannot fathom what is the attraction to PEP sex. What's the motivation? Can someone explain it to me ? I don't get it !

Default Re: PEP

I'm not familiar with any "attraction to PEP sex." Can you elucidate, or perhaps share a link for reference? Are you sure you don't mean PREP?

Seasons greetings and HNY to all when it comes.

I think Peter means 'PrEP' - pre-exposure drugs, ie Truvada. Which is essentially for life. It's meant to be an added 'safeguard' if condoms break or what not, but as we know most people (from my observations) who are using it, are using it because a) they believe 'HIV' is a potentially fatal sexually transmitted virus, and b) they can forget about using barrier protection when engaging in anal sex.
    It seems to make some people who like bare-backing feel a bit safer. More fool them.
    'PEP' is post-exposure drug cocktail for 28 days after one sexual activity involving anal sex with someone who may or may not know their 'HIV' status.

Quote Originally Posted by jonathan barnett View Post
    I'm not familiar with any "attraction to PEP sex." Can you elucidate, or perhaps share a link for reference? Are you sure you don't mean PREP?
    Silly me. Confirmed ! I'm an "old far" ! I couldn't even get that right. I did mean "prep".

Quote Originally Posted by JeremyB37 View Post
    Seasons greetings and HNY to all when it comes.

I think Peter means 'PrEP' - pre-exposure drugs, ie Truvada. Which is essentially for life. It's meant to be an added 'safeguard' if condoms break or what not, but as we know most people (from my observations) who are using it, are using it because a) they believe 'HIV' is a potentially fatal sexually transmitted virus, and b) they can forget about using barrier protection when engaging in anal sex.
    It seems to make some people who like bare-backing feel a bit safer. More fool them.
    'PEP' is post-exposure drug cocktail for 28 days after one sexual activity involving anal sex with someone who may or may not know their 'HIV' status.
    Thanks to you both. I get it now.