PDA

View Full Version : Repping up moderated users

Gos
December 13th, 2010, 12:17 PM
I just noticed that I can't increase a particular moderated user's reputation. Is this because he's on moderated status?

jonathan barnett
December 13th, 2010, 12:41 PM
Probably. The current "Moderated User" status is pretty restrictive for a reason. We want to encourage folks to not want to end up there.

:)

I just noticed that I can't increase a particular moderated user's reputation. Is this because he's on moderated status?

Gos
December 13th, 2010, 12:54 PM
~(_8(|) doh!

Gos
December 13th, 2010, 12:57 PM
~(_8(|) doh!

YOU BASTARDS! I ENTERED "DOH!" IN ALL CAPS. dID YOU TURN ON SOME FEATURE TO REDUCE ALL CAPS TO LOWERCASE?

CYBERFASCIST! :D

Gos
December 13th, 2010, 12:58 PM
Huh? That's weird -- It didn't reduce to lowercase that time, but when I did the Homer thing it kept reducing the "DOH!" to all lowercase.

....and now it's not doing it with the "DOH!" in this post either.

Weird. :confused:

jonathan barnett
December 13th, 2010, 01:27 PM
I don't recall any postings advertising for beta testers, Gos. LOL.

The forums have ALWAYS (typed in all caps) been set to prevent shouting. I'm not sure how you were able to bipass that. Maybe there really are such things as software "bugs"?

Keep testing away, but please keep it here in the Tech Issues forums if possible.

Huh? That's weird -- It didn't reduce to lowercase that time, but when I did the Homer thing it kept reducing the "DOH!" to all lowercase.

....and now it's not doing it with the "DOH!" in this post either.

Weird. :confused:

Gos
December 13th, 2010, 01:31 PM
I don't recall any postings advertising for beta testers, Gos. LOL.

The forums have ALWAYS (typed in all caps) been set to prevent shouting. I'm not sure how you were able to bypass that.

That's funny, 'cause I'm sure I've capped a few without the text being changed like that. That's literally the FIRST time that's ever happened, and now I can't seem to get it to repeat.

~(_8(|) DOH!

~(_8(|) DOH!

~(_8(|) DOH!

....Hummmm...thought it might have something to do with using a larger font (I'd used a 4 when it happened) but now it's not even doing it in large font.

~(_8(|) DOH!

....Hummmm....not even the largest font. That's bizarre.:confused:

Gos
December 13th, 2010, 01:38 PM
~(_8(|) DOH!

~(_8(|) DOH!

~(_8(|) DOH!

~(_8(|) DOH!

...Jeezus, I'm starting to sound like a Simpsons clip show. DOH!

Gos
December 13th, 2010, 01:41 PM
~(_8(|) doh!

Gos
December 13th, 2010, 01:42 PM
A-ha! It only does it if every single letter in a post is capitalized!

jonathan barnett
YEAH, I'M NOT SURE WHAT'S GOING ON. THIS KINDA' STUFF ISN'T SUPPOSED TO HAPPEN.

I THINK YOU JINXED SOMETHING, GOS.

(I'm gonna' delete this after posting)

Gos
...bUT IF EVEN ONE LETTER IS NOT CAPITALIZED, IT LEAVES THE CAPITALIZATION aS iS.

Gos
December 13th, 2010, 01:43 PM
A-ha! It only does it if every single letter in a post is capitalized![originally capped]

Interestingly enough, it actually corrected the capitalization on that post, rather than reducing it to all lowercase.

jonathan barnett
December 13th, 2010, 01:45 PM
NOPE (capped). I included non-caps in my last POST (capped).

Maybe IT'S EVERY (capped) paragraph?

FYI, it was set to detect more than 3 CAPiTALIZED (capped) characters, but I changed the to FOUR (capped).

A-ha! It only does it if every single letter in a post is capitalized!

Gos
December 13th, 2010, 01:49 PM
NOPE (capped). I included none caps in my last POST (capped).

Maybe IT'S EVERY (capped) paragraph?

FYI, it was set to detect more than 3 CAPiTALIZED (capped) characters, but I changed the to FOUR (capped).

Judging by this post (http://forums.questioningaids.com/showpost.php?p=46483&postcount=10) and this one (http://forums.questioningaids.com/showpost.php?p=46485&postcount=12), it has to be all caps or it doesn't change anything.

Gos
December 13th, 2010, 01:52 PM
LET'S SEE ABOUT CAPITALIZED PARAGRAPHS. IF I TYPE THIS PARAGRAPH IN ALL CAPS, WILL IT CORRECT THIS PARAGRAPH, OR WILL IT DO NOTHING SINCE THE VERY NEXT PARAGRAPH CONTAINS A SINGLE LOWERCASE LETTER?

i WONDER...

Gos
December 13th, 2010, 01:53 PM
let's see about capitalized paragraphs. If i type this paragraph in all caps, will it correct this paragraph, or will it do nothing since the very next paragraph contains a single lowercase letter?

I wonder...

yeah, it seems to be when the entire post is in all caps.

Even when quoted text contains a lowercase letter...?

jonathan barnett
December 13th, 2010, 01:54 PM
I think you may be right. Oh well, it's a violation of guidelines (http://www.questioningaids.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=53&Itemid=75), so just don't do it (except for testing purposes here). LOL.

DO NOT post iN aLL uPPer CaSe. IT IS LIKE YELLING. This goes for TITLES as well.

Gos
December 13th, 2010, 01:56 PM
let's see about capitalized paragraphs. If i type this paragraph in all caps, will it correct this paragraph, or will it do nothing since the very next paragraph contains a single lowercase letter?

I wonder...

yeah, it seems to be when the entire post is in all caps.

Even when quoted text contains a lowercase letter...?

Oh, wow -- now that's interesting...

It treated the body of the post and the quote separately, and actually corrected the quoted text (including the lowercase "i" being raised to "I"), even though it hadn't corrected it as originally posted.

This just gets nuttier and nuttier....

Gos
December 13th, 2010, 01:58 PM
...apparently, though, it leaves the very first character in the post in lowercase. However, it capitalizes the first letter of every subsequent sentence whenever it corrects capitalization.

computergeek
December 13th, 2010, 05:10 PM
Clearly, some people don't have enough real work to do.

Gos
December 13th, 2010, 05:25 PM
Clearly, some people don't have enough real work to do.

Hey -- I resemble that remark!:D

----