PDA

View Full Version : Smoke you?

max280
October 24th, 2010, 07:57 PM
I smoke 2-3 tipped cigarettes over day.How much disserve me ? :confused:

Deksman2
October 24th, 2010, 08:15 PM
I tried 3 or 4 cigarettes in my life.
Never really found the appeal, and the bad taste I got in my mouth (not to mention sore throat from the smoke itself) was quite enough to put me out.
The reason I tried those 4 ciggies in the first place was to see if I look 'classy' with them.
After the 4th one I came to the realization that I never found them appealing due to the taste and the damage they can do to overall health.

HansSelyeWasCorrect
October 26th, 2010, 05:16 AM
A recent experiment found that cigarette smoke make the immune/inflammatory response more, not less potent, though I suspect that over time there would be a Th1 to Th2 shift (assuming you smoke a lot). There are so many factors in play that relate to health/disease that there's no way to control for them all, so you can just do some googling and make up your own mind about how much "risky behavior" is worth it.

mwatti
March 8th, 2011, 08:27 PM
I smoked a pack (20) cigs at least a day. I haven't had a cig nor any nicotine in other forms (patches, gum) for over three months. I am finding I am coughing a bit and I guess this is the natural way for the lungs to cleanse themselves of tar. I think smoking ages the skin.

G Man
March 9th, 2011, 04:55 AM
I've been on the patch for 6 weeks. 2 more weeks and it will be the longest I've ever stopped smoking before. I think I might make it this time, I sure as heck hope so because it is (was) my only vice that was bad for me.

Coughing a lot too, I agree this is the way for the lungs to clear. And yes, it ages the skin. I notice more natural color in my face and a more vibrant youthful look since stopping. I guess that could be attributed to better blood flow too since smoking tends to constrict vessels.