PDA

View Full Version : High dose oral vitamin C - feedback wanted.

Timhunt
October 9th, 2010, 11:08 PM
Dear Dissidents,

I would really like to hear anyones experiences whether good or bad from anybody that has consistently taken oral high dose vitamin C (especially in the 10 to 20 gram plus range) for any length of time since testing positive.

I always wondered if Linus Paulings(et al) 1990 paper "Suppression of human immunodeficiency virus replication by ascorbate in chronically and acutely infected cells" gained any disciples that have followed the advice to this day.

Housexy
October 10th, 2010, 12:18 AM
A chelation Doc I see occassionally told me of an HIV patient he had who was opting not to take ARVs despite his CD4 count of 5, had IV Vit C from him ( I presume it was a high dose ) since that is what he does, but it did not improve his counts.
Of course this doesnt mean it had no effect on his health. That was all he divulged to me.
Incidently I am currently getting IV glutathione from this Doc, and altho I have had no tests done, I have one more session to go, I feel it is having a wonderful effect on my health.

cdm
October 10th, 2010, 11:29 PM
The school of Dr Rath is a follower of Pauling, but they substituted the idea of mega doses with the idea of synergy. No one has to take extreme doses of vitamin C, if he combines "normal" doses with other nutrients and phytobiological substances that co-operate with ascorbate. For example if you combine ascorbate and polyphenols like EGCG along with nutrients of connective tissue the result is that you would not need megadosing.
But please bear in mind, that the generation of Gallo antibodies in one's body is of all sorts of causes. So a synergy may be useful for one kind of disease but may be not useful for another. If someone has problems of the liver due to drug poisoning may need a lot of ascorbate and less supportive nutrients of bone marrow. But if someone's problem is focused on bone marrow a B-complex and iron may be more needy than ascorbate.