PDA

View Full Version : Eye "Floaters"

Gos
June 20th, 2010, 09:04 PM
Some years back, I remember a discussion in another dissident forum (AIDSSoc, if memory serves) about eye floaters, and their relevance to autoimmune disease.

I've always had autoimmune disease, and I've always had eye floaters. I remember as a child I used to spend endless hours trying to chase the little buggers down -- you try to look directly at them, and they just move -- you try to track them, and they just move faster. It's the ocular equivalent of a dog chasing his own tail.

However, at the time this discussion was going on, I really didn't think much of it. It seemed interesting but hardly relevant.

Recently I had an experience that renewed my interest.

I went swimming for the first time in probably more than a decade, and when I emerged from the pool, instead of having the half-dozen or so eye floaters that I usually have, I was looking at dozens or maybe even hundreds of the little suckers. They were everywhere -- my vision was crawling with them like ants.

Does anyone here know anything about them, their significance, their cause(s), and/or what relation (if any) they have to autoimmune disease?

brume
June 21st, 2010, 01:45 AM
Know nothing about auto immune disease, just know I always (maybe not always) had them, at least for 25 years. At certain times I thought they came from alcohol abuse (though my abuse, compared to others, was just "use"). They told me a lot of stuff, but they didn't even try to make me think they knew what really was going on. I lived and live very well with them. Just they're boring me when looking through binoculars, but that doesn't happen every day ;-)
Difficult to know how much it bothers you compared to my problems, but I bet that not focussing on them helps a lot...
I also met doctors with huge théories about well, it has to do with liver problems. Maybe they're right. Even I thought that they were right, but that's the diagnosis, that's not what you're supposed to do. Drinking less (I already did and do), smoking less, etc. What I figured in the end myself, is just don't focus on them. Many bloody perfectly healthy non drinking non smoking people have them the same, they just don't say so, they prefere other people to ring the alarm - I'll not ;-) Just forget it, you'll see, it will stay a little, but not that much.
My not very humble opinion fwiw ;-)

AcuWill
June 30th, 2010, 10:56 AM
Hello Gos,

Yes, there is a correlation between floaters and pathology in Oriental medicine, although how it manifests depends on the individual's terrain. Click here (http://forums.questioningaids.com/showthread.php?t=6036) to read my discussion on Oriental medicine.

I am curious as to what type of substance you were swimming in? Also, there is a differentiation as to the types of floaters. Black ones, triangular ones, clear dots, squiggly lines, etc., are all differentiated differently. The most common ones are those associated in Liver Yin deficiency; this is a common pattern that pops up over and over again in cases of autoimmune disease and testing HIV+ on the non-specific tests. (The Perth group thesis that an HIV+ tests does mean something being relevant here.)

Hope that helps.

Acuwill

Gos
June 30th, 2010, 01:47 PM
I am curious as to what type of substance you were swimming in? Also, there is a differentiation as to the types of floaters. Black ones, triangular ones, clear dots, squiggly lines, etc., are all differentiated differently.

I was swimming in our subdivision's pool -- chlorinated water (though not as highly chlorinated as some public pools I've been in.)

The type of floaters that I get are always clear, appearing as dots or squiggly lines.

AcuWill
July 1st, 2010, 02:52 AM
I was swimming in our subdivision's pool -- chlorinated water (though not as highly chlorinated as some public pools I've been in.)

The type of floaters that I get are always clear, appearing as dots or squiggly lines.
Those actually have to do with Lung pathology. Most likely the toxicity of the chlorine you were exposed to and inhaled is the cause.

guyinthailand
December 14th, 2011, 07:02 AM
Don't chew gum with sorbitol, or eat candy or other products with sorbitol. Sorbitol is osmotically active and can cause floaters, as I discovered when I found some 'health food' gum: I couldn't read road signs and had floaters. By chance i happened to come across a medical article on sorbitol and eye problems. My vision returned when I stopped chewing the gum. Gum is probably particularly bad because some of the sorbitol is getting absorbed sublingually, bypassing stomach and liver, and going directly into bloodstream and to eyes. Plus most gum has aspartame, an 'excitotoxin'--see books by Dr. Russell Blaylock, MD: 1) Excitotoxins and especially 2) Nutritional Strategies for Cancer Patients (this book is great for anyone interested in health).

Diabetics often go blind as a result of excess glucose getting turned into sorbitol in the eyes.