PDA

View Full Version : Whey Protein supplements, need recommendations (ame-h223)

msn_UNKNOWN_AUTHOR_NAME
August 30th, 2005, 05:08 AM
<TABLE ><TR><TD><FONT size=2><FONT color=red>This message has been deleted by the author.</FONT></FONT></TD></TR></TABLE>

msn_SuperSport28405
August 30th, 2005, 03:11 PM
<TABLE ><TR><TD><FONT size=2><DIV>RIShall-</DIV> <DIV>&nbsp;</DIV> <DIV>I used to take alot of meal replacement drinks and *protein powders*...I have since quit all of that and just eat regular food.</DIV> <DIV>The main reason is because these protien drinks use artificial sweetenrs which are health compromising....aspartame seems to be the most used and that stuff is a poison. It has over 3000 complaints filed against it at the FDA, and in fact the FDA would not approve it for 16 years until Reagan got in office and reshuffled the FDA. Rumsfeld was a key player in getting aspartame&nbsp;approved (just google for all of this).</DIV> <DIV>&nbsp;</DIV> <DIV>I also have read that whey protiens, which are milk proteins, are closely linked to diabetes. Of course correlation is not proof of causation, but it is kinda spooky to see that in nations of milk drinkers there is an almost linear relationship to the development of diabetes.&nbsp;</DIV> <DIV>&nbsp;</DIV> <DIV>I am a moderator on a bodybuilding board (not that I claim to be an expert) and one of the board sponsors is a prtien distributor....they offer custom blends and the owner has told me the reason everyone uses Whey as opposed to egg is because it is much cheaper....</DIV> <DIV>&nbsp;</DIV> <DIV>Egg protein has a higher Biological Value (BV) than does whey......I am sure Mercola has his reasons for using Whey, but imo you might want to&nbsp; look into using an egg based product that uses Stevia as a sweetener. Stevia is an herb that the Japanese have used for decades. It doesn t seem to alter blood sugar/insulin levels like regular sugar&nbsp;.......</DIV> <DIV>&nbsp;</DIV> <DIV>And I will throw this in as well.....for men I don t think Soy protein&nbsp;is a good idea. It may take alot of it to cause estrogen levels to go up, if at all, but I have read some damning literature against soy (not to say it is all bad).&nbsp;&nbsp;</DIV></FONT></TD></TR></TABLE>

msn_firstdonoharm
August 30th, 2005, 05:27 PM
<TABLE ><TR><TD><FONT size=2><DIV>Why do you feel the need for a whey protein supplement? FWIW, I prefer to get my protein from real whole food. You want protein in a shake? Drop in a free range egg.</DIV> <DIV>100% of all the essential amino acids. </DIV> <DIV>&nbsp;</DIV> <DIV>&nbsp;</DIV></FONT></TD></TR></TABLE>