PDA

View Full Version : Surgery?

dissidentsg
September 8th, 2009, 07:10 PM
I understand we all come from different places around the globe and everyone's govt policies and healthcare systems may differ.

Im wondering if any "poz" pple here has undergone any form of surgery at your local hospital (wisdom tooth included)? And did you receive any "special" treatment? Considering that they think our blood is "highly dangerous"...

moonchild493
September 8th, 2009, 07:38 PM
I've never found it a big deal. Universal precautions are taken these days. I haven't had surgery, but I did have a root canal (something I'll never do again). At least here in the U.S., they don't tend to make too much of it.

G Man
September 8th, 2009, 08:04 PM
Linda,

Might I ask why you will never have a root canal again? Thanks.

resistanceisfruitful
September 8th, 2009, 08:37 PM
dissidentsg -

I've been hospitalized for a blood clot twice in the past three years, which required several blood draws each day.

Only one nurse got carried away with the latex and precautions, but just managed to seem silly, not threatening.

Most health care workers I've encountered in the U.S. seem very comfortable working with HIVers. Indeed, most of them seem curious/interested/amazed that I seem so healthy without the drugs. It has lead to some interesting and supportive conversations.

I think nurses especially see the contradictions and inconsistencies in western medical care much more easily than doctors, and they're the ones one has the most contact with in hospitals.

Fondoo
September 10th, 2009, 02:15 AM
My x-wife described the nurses refusing to cut up her AZT pills so she could swallow them (couple years ago in Hawaii). That made her sad. However I hate keeping secrets about as much as I hate being treated like a leper so... Telling, not telling I am so on the fence, good luck!

moonchild493
September 10th, 2009, 09:30 AM
G Man,

I read a great deal of natural health info, and there is consensus there that the bacteria inside the dentin of the tooth is never really eradicated and can lead to many health problems down the road. I can't remember all the details offhand, but there's lots of info out there about it. Plus, my first root canal tooth needed to be pulled soon after due to the temporary filling failing, so not only did I have to pay for a root canal but for an extraction! Shoulda just cut out the middleman. The second one still seems to act up from time to time. I was supposed to need another one, but taking antibiotics for another reason seemed to clear it up. I'm no fonder of orthodox dentistry than I am of medicine. Now if I could only afford to get all the mercury out of my mouth...

Linda

G Man
September 10th, 2009, 06:13 PM
The reason I ask is because one of my back teeth is hurting, and I need to go to the dentist. But I don't want a conventional dentist, I won't trust them. After what I've been through, my trust of the medical establishment as a whole has gone into the toilet. But I'm not sure what to do, I need something done about that back tooth.

moonchild493
September 11th, 2009, 01:30 AM
You could always find a biological or holistic dentist. It probably won't be cheap, but those procedures never are anyway. I was considering starting to have my fillings replaced, but the $400.00 per tooth for safe mercury removal seemed a bit steep, and I have a lot of fillings. Good luck!

Linda

StarZ
September 13th, 2009, 02:44 AM
That seems reasonable enough....they have to turn in back into fumes to get it out at much risk to Dr,, also its done once per tooth. Is extraction cheaper, I am considering getting rid of a back tooth just coz I can see the black stuff all the time lol...

moonchild493
September 14th, 2009, 01:19 AM
Extraction is considerably cheaper. Probably not much more than a tenth the cost, but I've found dentists are appalled at the thought. Much less profit, I guess. But then, it's not their mouth!

StarZ
September 17th, 2009, 03:01 AM
I have never looked so far into someone's mouth to notice they are without back teeth! For a dentist this must be traumatic, extraction! Without the plan to plug the space, Im sure they have tribunals for guys who would agree to this. All my food is beans and if push comes to shove I could always blend. I dont like the black stuff at all...

moonchild493
September 17th, 2009, 03:19 PM
They do get weird and warn you that if you don't put something in the place of the missing tooth, dire things will happen like the teeth getting out of alignment and stuff. Fortunately, the teeth don't usually line up perfectly top to bottom and I have found that I'm having no problem with my missing tooth.

I wouldn't like the black stuff, either. I have wondered many times whether most of my health problems originate in my mouth. When I get broke enough to get Medicaid, I'll get everything fixed, but only if they'll let me do non-mercury fillings. No more heavy metals!