PDA

View Full Version : Kids as pesticides? (ame-h196)

msn_roepinwoes
July 26th, 2005, 04:23 AM
<TABLE ><TR><TD><FONT size=2>I just read about a study on pesticides in our bodies. And, not surprisingly, many were found.<BR><BR>"We re talking about the tip of the iceberg. It s very important indication - we re carrying multiple pesticides and other chemicals in our bodies, including our kids," Kristin Schafer of the Pesticide Action Network said.<BR>For example, the CDC examined 43 pesticides in the report, but more than 1,200 are registered by the Environmental Protection Agency, she said.<BR><BR>Eh... HUH? Kids are counted as pesticides too? Did you know that?<BR><BR>"The CDC stressed that the presence of an environmental chemical in blood or urine "does not mean that the chemical causes disease."<BR><BR>Ahhhh... I see, I see. So... By the same reasoning: "The presence of a virus...(sorry, I actually mean the alleged antibodies against an unidentified virus) in the blood does not mean that the virus (which presumably gave rise to the antibodies) causes disease."<BR><BR>Eh... No? What do you mean, sir? Your argument was perfectly valid. Why do you think mine isn t?<BR><BR>Wilhelm<BR></FONT></TD></TR></TABLE>