PDA

View Full Version : MMR Jab should be compulsory for all children starting school.

CharmlessRobson
June 3rd, 2009, 04:32 PM
An article here (http://www.guardian.co.uk/society/2009/jun/03/mmr-jab-compulsory-schoolchildren?commentpage=1) in the Guardian regarding an expert's claim that it should be compulsory for all children starting school to be vaccinated.

I think this is indirectly pertinent to much discussed here. What I find most interesting, although hardly surprising, is the trenchantly expressed responses of those in favour of vaccination.

Janine Robert's book has been mentioned on a couple of occasions, but, as expected, dismissed effectively as conspiratorial nonsense.

truth84
June 4th, 2009, 05:16 AM
What I always find frightening is how few Americans resist or even speak out against the government forcing things onto them. People just idly accept and do everything they are told. A free country is one where the government stays out of private lives. They may suggest various programs, issues, ideas, etc. as beneficial or harmful to the people but a government "of the people, by the people, and for the people" doesn't go around moderating and controlling every aspect of an individual's life. I don't have kids so I don't have to worry about the vaccine issue there. However, it is a slippery slope. First, they force your pets to be vaccinated, then your children, and the next thing you know, it is YOU.