PDA

View Full Version : Heavy mucous (ame-h49)

msn_Astone550
December 26th, 2003, 09:30 PM
<TABLE ><TR><TD><FONT size=2><DIV>What is heavy mucous formation around the sinuses/neck area related to?</DIV></FONT></TD></TR></TABLE>

msn_Astone550
December 30th, 2003, 11:45 PM
<TABLE ><TR><TD><FONT size=2><DIV>Brian Cady,</DIV> <DIV>What do you say to this?</DIV></FONT></TD></TR></TABLE>

msn_briancady413
December 31st, 2003, 04:12 AM
<TABLE ><TR><TD><FONT size=2>Bad Advice, Free.<BR><BR>Tom, I have no special knowledge here. I recommend google.com, dogpile.com and emedicine.com<BR><BR>In general I expect some mucus is normal, increased mucus is an immune reaction to something - an otherwise quiescent infection, mold allergens or industrial toxins emanating from home or workplace, or car s carpet ( once seeds sprouted and grew in mine, but perhaps that was better left unsaid &lt;cough>)<BR><BR>Nasal sprays can induce a rebound in response from our noses, which we might unknowingly respond to with more nasal spray - this is fun when we watch it happen to freinds , good for us if we sell nasal spray, otherwise fuggeddabbauddih. <BR><BR>I guess non-Western schools of medical understanding might have perspective here - I never know what to think about what s beyond my experience, thoughts and/or training. Or at the edge - speaking of what s better left unsaid - I asked a cute accupuncturist for help focusing and received wildly better orgasms, (not in the office! later. No, not with the cute accupuncturist!, in fact I wasn t even thinking of her!) but no other percievable change in focus, for over a hundred a session. I had neither the guts to mention specifics to her, nor the desparation to continue. I stopped. No focus, no money. <BR>She made it quite clear that she saw her work as effective without actually calling me an idiot to my face; far from that, actually, so I knew she had tact, (and money - my money).<BR>I fell in love that spring - first time in a decade - and made a good freind besides - I wanted to do things with freinds, an event rare in my life. Link? I m clueless. I don t really know what to do with my own life, never mind your nose, but I ll tell you another story, if you...huh? Its not bothering you as much? As much as ...hearing these stories?<BR>&lt;cough> Well, I, ah, I hoped I could help. Anytime. My pleasure, really...<BR><BR>Brian Cady</FONT></TD></TR></TABLE>

msn_Marsrover4
January 1st, 2004, 11:24 PM
<TABLE ><TR><TD><FONT size=2><DIV>Astone,</DIV> <DIV>&nbsp;</DIV> <DIV>I don t know what causes high mucous but do know that taking hiv meds (and then getting off them) led to massive amounts of mucous for me in the sinus and neck area. I m quite convinced that hiv meds are actually immunosuppressive, and your actual underlying medical conditin is suppressed, thus falsely giving you the impression that your hiv is under control and you are relatively well...</DIV> <DIV>&nbsp;</DIV> <DIV>Whatever the cause, I found significant relief by taking Vit E (400mg), Vit C (1000mg) and NAC (600mg) supplementation daily. Whether it s oxidative stress, candida infection or anything else I don t know. But this did help. I ve only been taking the stuff for about a month or so, hence long-term benefit is unknown to me at this time. But it looks promising at the moment.</DIV> <DIV>&nbsp;</DIV> <DIV>&nbsp;</DIV></FONT></TD></TR></TABLE>

msn_rodmcgregor
January 3rd, 2004, 07:34 AM
<TABLE ><TR><TD><FONT size=2><DIV>Mucous secretion is usually exaccerbated by the use of dairy products, which contain lactic acid. </DIV> <DIV>&nbsp;</DIV> <DIV>Most Aids (ie people with genuine immune suppression caused by whatever factor or those misdiagnosed HIV positive on meds) patients suffer from lactic acidosis, which leads to a massive intolerance of dairy products.</DIV> <DIV>&nbsp;</DIV> <DIV>All professional singers/actors/public speakers are warned about the build up of snot when using dairy..</DIV> <DIV>So give up all dairy products NOW</DIV> <DIV>&nbsp;</DIV> <DIV>Butter is permissable because&nbsp; it is rancid, live yoghurt contains acidophyllus (spelling Rod ?) so that too is ok</DIV> <DIV>&nbsp;</DIV> <DIV>Mucous problems will also be caused by candida.</DIV> <DIV>&nbsp;</DIV> <DIV>The simplest and cheapest way to treat this is using Citracidal (grapefruit seed extract) which you use as drops in water 3 times daily...Believe you me it tastes f****g awful but it works.</DIV> <DIV>&nbsp;</DIV> <DIV>You also must stop smoking, if you do, as this causes sino-mucous secretions, or at least limit it.</DIV> <DIV>&nbsp;</DIV> <DIV>Throat infections, particularly in smokers, will cause sinus problems.</DIV> <DIV>&nbsp;</DIV> <DIV>Gargle with clary sage oil, don t swallow or you ll trip. Also saline gargles are good as is citracidal gargles.</DIV> <DIV>&nbsp;</DIV> <DIV>Oral hygiene is paramount, rinse and brush, particularly after sugary foods and coffee.</DIV> <DIV>&nbsp;</DIV> <DIV>Bad oral hygiene has an immediate knock on effect on the UT, causing UT infections and kidney infections.</DIV> <DIV>&nbsp;</DIV> <DIV>A simple method for healthy sinuses is to practice resonance excerises</DIV> <DIV>&nbsp;</DIV> <DIV>Start by humming until you feel you lips, nose and sinuses vibrate, incorporate this into your daily meditation/exerise routine. It s fun and it will help aerate your sinuses, help project your voice and is good for&nbsp; your prana/chi/life force</DIV> <DIV>&nbsp;</DIV> <DIV>Now these comments are merely suggestions but they work, and are based on thousands of years of vedic medicine and coping strategies used by singers/actors etc who routinely are effectd by mucous problems</DIV> <DIV>&nbsp;</DIV> <DIV>The psycho-spiritual reason most commonly given for sinus/mucous probs is being pissed off with something</DIV> <DIV>&nbsp;</DIV> <DIV>In German the expression is</DIV> <DIV>&nbsp;</DIV> <DIV>Ich hab die Nase voll von......... My nose is full of...meaning (......) is annoying me</DIV> <DIV>&nbsp;</DIV> <DIV>So look at what is really pissing you off and deal with it, and in the meantime cut out sugar, alcohol, yeast and dairy</DIV></FONT></TD></TR></TABLE>

msn_pete_mcewen
January 21st, 2004, 11:39 AM
<TABLE ><TR><TD><FONT size=2><DIV>Naturopaths would say it s poor elimination. Kidney function needs improving. Colonics, saunas ,kidney&nbsp; flushing, and washing nasal passages with a netty pot have worked&nbsp; wonders for&nbsp; me. It takes time to put it all in order. </DIV></FONT></TD></TR></TABLE>

msn_UNKNOWN_AUTHOR_NAME
January 29th, 2004, 12:53 AM
<TABLE ><TR><TD><FONT size=2><FONT color=red>This message has been deleted by the manager or assistant manager.</FONT></FONT></TD></TR></TABLE>