PDA

View Full Version : supplement list (ame-h43)

msn_draysea
December 14th, 2003, 01:08 AM
<TABLE ><TR><TD><FONT size=2><DIV><FONT face="Courier New">Here is the list of my current supplement regimen. Many of these<BR>things may be specifically beneficial to blood group A and not other<BR>groups. I do not take them all at the same time, that would be<BR>expensive! I rotate and do different ones at different times. Some<BR>I only do for certain occasions (echinacea only if I think I m<BR>getting a cold, silymarin only if I ve had a lot of alcohol, etc.)<BR>Even though most are herbs they are drugs all the same. It is<BR>important when taking a drug to pay attention to how it is affecting<BR>you, so you can help discern if it is helpful or harmful or<BR>neither. Most of them can cause problems if you take too much. So<BR>use your better judgement. If you really want to conduct an<BR>experiment and find out how something affects you, it helps to just<BR>take that supplement for awhile and nothing else. I have not done<BR>that with all of these, because I trust d Adamo s recommendations.<BR><BR>Ashwaghanda- antistress, weight gain<BR>Blue-Green Algae- immune system, general nutrition<BR>Boerhaavia- antistress, liver support<BR>Brahmi (Bacopa Monnieri)- antistress<BR>Bromelain- anti-inflammation, digestive aid<BR>Burdock- blood-building, cancer prevention, detox, intestinal/skin<BR>health<BR>Cranberry Juice- urinary support<BR>Echinacea- antibacterial, antiviral, immune system<BR>Elderberry Extract- antioxidant, antiviral, immune system<BR>Elecampagne- antifungal, intestinal health, pulmonary support<BR>Flax Seed Oil- intestinal health, skin health<BR>Fo-Ti- antiviral<BR>Ginkgo Biloba- anti-inflammation, antioxidant, antistress,<BR>cardiovascular<BR>Ginseng (Chinese or Korean)- antistress, antiviral, male health<BR>Green Tea- antioxidant, cancer prevention, immune system, metabolism<BR>Helix Pomatia- cancer prevention<BR>Holy Basil- anti-inflammation, antistress, cancer prevention, skin<BR>health<BR>Larch Arabinogalactan- antibacterial, antifungal, anti-inflammation,<BR>antiviral, arthritis prevention, cancer prevention, immune system,<BR>metabolism, pulmonary support, stomach health<BR>Lecithin- liver support, metabolism, skin health<BR>L-glutathione- antioxidant, detox, liver support<BR>L-Lysine- antistress, antiviral<BR>Maitake- antistress, cancer prevention, immune system<BR>Methylcobalamin (B12)- blood-building, nervous system<BR>NAG- intestinal health<BR>Nettle Root- antifungal, antiviral, male health<BR>Noni- antibacterial, anti-inflammation, antioxidant, antiviral,<BR>blood-building, cancer prevention<BR>Olive Leaf- antifungal, anti-inflammation<BR>Parsley- antioxidant, stomach health<BR>Probiotics- antibacterial, antifungal, cancer prevention,<BR>cardiovascular, detox, immune system, intestinal health, skin<BR>health, stomach health, urinary support<BR>Silymarin- liver support<BR>Vitamin C (Rose Hips or Acerola)- antibacterial, antioxidant,<BR>antiviral, blood-building, immune system, pulmonary support, urinary<BR>support<BR>Zinc- antibacterial, antifungal, antioxidant, antiviral, immune<BR>system, male health, pulmonary support, skin health<BR><BR>So for MAC you would want to try the antibacterial stuff: echinacea,<BR>larch, noni, probiotics, vitamin C and zinc.<BR><BR>You also might want to try a general immune system mixture: blue-<BR>green algae, elderberry, green tea and maitake<BR><BR>Also you would want to remove things that suppress the immune<BR>system: hard drugs, sleep deprivation, malnutrition and stress.<BR><BR>I also take a great meal replacement shake mix called the Ultimate<BR>Meal that is very good and fits with the diet for blood group A.</FONT><BR></DIV> <DIV>your truly,</DIV> <DIV>david ray~</DIV></FONT></TD></TR></TABLE>

msn_Marsrover4
December 14th, 2003, 07:43 AM
<TABLE ><TR><TD><FONT size=2><DIV>Thanks draysea for the info though I m not Type A. I tried D Adamo s site and will say that it does not seem most user-friendly and not easy to find info. How does one glean info. re. vitamins and supplements and foods from that site for other blood types? Something that could spell out individually what foods are good for select blood types, etc?</DIV> <DIV>&nbsp;</DIV> <DIV>Also, no reflection on him, but his products are not exactly cheap...I m always leery of doctors, people who are out to make money at other people s expense...especially in matter of health issues...</DIV> <DIV>&nbsp;</DIV> <DIV>&nbsp;</DIV></FONT></TD></TR></TABLE>

msn_draysea
December 15th, 2003, 12:15 AM
<TABLE ><TR><TD><FONT size=2><DIV>Mars Rover,</DIV> <DIV>&nbsp;</DIV> <DIV>The thing is that to benefit from the blood type diet, you really only need to buy a single book: Live Right For Your Type.&nbsp; I don t know how much it costs, but that is really the only extra cost you have for the rest of your life.&nbsp; The main message is to eat foods according to your blood type.&nbsp; You are already buying food for yourself, so that is not an extra cost.&nbsp; </DIV> <DIV>&nbsp;</DIV> <DIV>It is not necessary to buy supplements from North American Pharmacal (d Adamo s company).&nbsp; The supplement recommendations are only when you are having health issues or if you are fanatic like me.&nbsp; I do not usually buy from NAP because they are so expensive.&nbsp; I think that their quality is very high, but also most of the supplements he recommends you can buy cheaper from other manufacturers.&nbsp; </DIV> <DIV>&nbsp;</DIV> <DIV>I really don t think d Adamo s main motivation is to make money.&nbsp; At least not if you compare him to pharmaceutical companies.&nbsp; If you are into making money, you will want to sell something that is patentable.&nbsp; That way you control the prices.&nbsp; If you are promoting health through food choices you are not out to make money because there is really no way to gain patent rights on foods (at least not yet!).&nbsp; That s why agribusiness wants to genetically engineer foods.&nbsp; If you create a new food, you can patent it and control the prices.&nbsp; </DIV> <DIV>&nbsp;</DIV> <DIV>The ADA really is quite against d Adamo s theory and naturopaths in general because&nbsp;naturopaths promote health through preventive lifestyle choices that do not feed tons of money into the medical establishment via pharmaceuticals and expensive surgery.&nbsp; It is the same reason why there is so much resistance to making marijuana legal.&nbsp; Marijuana is a weed, anyone can grow it.&nbsp; So it would be very hard for anyone to control the market and get ridiculously rich and powerful off of it.</DIV> <DIV>&nbsp;</DIV> <DIV>I agree, it is unfortunate that&nbsp;d Adamo does not have all the information from his books on his website.&nbsp; I guess he needs to support himself somehow.&nbsp; I for one am happy to purchase something from him every once in awhile because I think he is doing great work and I have benefitted from it.&nbsp; So I recommend just buying the book.&nbsp; You could buy it used or borrow it from the library and copy the pages for your blood group.&nbsp; </DIV> <DIV>&nbsp;</DIV> <DIV>There, you have no excuse now!</DIV> <DIV>&nbsp;</DIV> <DIV>LOL,</DIV> <DIV>David Ray</DIV></FONT></TD></TR></TABLE>

msn_draysea
December 15th, 2003, 12:37 AM
<TABLE ><TR><TD><FONT size=2><DIV>This is a correction to my last email:</DIV> <DIV>&nbsp;</DIV> <DIV>If it is supplements for your blood group you are interested in, you want to get the Eat Right For Your Type Complete Blood Type Encyclopedia.&nbsp; That book has a complete list of supplements and which blood groups they are good for.&nbsp; It also breaks them down into different protocols for different health issues.&nbsp; And, it also lists all of the foods and which blood group they are good for.&nbsp; So if you only get one book, that s the best one to get.&nbsp; But the one I mentioned before and this one compliment each other somewhat.</DIV> <DIV>&nbsp;</DIV> <DIV>yours truly,</DIV> <DIV>david ray~</DIV></FONT></TD></TR></TABLE>

msn_singe
December 15th, 2003, 10:08 AM
<TABLE ><TR><TD><FONT size=2><DIV>Thanks a lot for the list David.&nbsp; Have you ever used any of the antistress supplements...if so, do you find they work and which ones do you find are the best?&nbsp; Do they actually alleviate stress?</DIV> <DIV>&nbsp;</DIV> <DIV>Thanks,</DIV> <DIV>&nbsp;</DIV> <DIV>Mike</DIV> <DIV>&nbsp;</DIV> <DIV>&nbsp;</DIV> <DIV>&nbsp;</DIV></FONT></TD></TR></TABLE>

msn_draysea
December 15th, 2003, 11:16 PM
<TABLE ><TR><TD><FONT size=2><DIV>Mike,</DIV> <DIV>&nbsp;</DIV> <DIV>For blood group A, the thing is to keep cortisol levels down.&nbsp; Blood group A people have the hardest time getting rid of cortisol once it is released into the blood.&nbsp; Studies have shown that continued high cortisol in the blood can suppress the immune system and lower your T cell count.&nbsp; I have found one of the best herbs for lowering cortisol to be holy basil, and I don t even know if that s one that d Adamo recommends.&nbsp; Also, chamomile, ginkgo and ginseng (korean or chinese for male health) help lower cortisol too.&nbsp; For blood group A, practicing meditation and light movement&nbsp;like yoga or tai chi helps lower cortisol.&nbsp; This is very different than blood group O, which needs high-impact exercise to reduce stress.&nbsp; Also, going to bed at a reasonable hour and getting enough hours of sleep helps.&nbsp; Cortisol is related to the body s circadian rhythms.&nbsp; It is initially released in the morning and then gradually fades during the day.&nbsp; Irregular sleep patterns or lack of sleep raises cortisol.&nbsp; Things like too much stimulation from TV or electronics as well as smoking increases cortisol.&nbsp; And of course high stress situations and chronic anxiety will increase cortisol.&nbsp; I find that ashwagandha has a relaxing and replenishing affect on me also.&nbsp; But if you do just one herb, try holy basil.&nbsp; Do plenty of it, it is not harmful.&nbsp; It has antioxidants&nbsp;and it&nbsp;reduces inflammation and cortisol in the body.</DIV> <DIV>&nbsp;</DIV> <DIV>yours truly,</DIV> <DIV>david ray~</DIV></FONT></TD></TR></TABLE>

msn_draysea
December 17th, 2003, 01:54 AM
<TABLE ><TR><TD><FONT size=2><DIV>Mike,</DIV> <DIV>&nbsp;</DIV> <DIV>An after-thought:&nbsp; I don t think there is an herb that reduces stress.&nbsp; Stress is caused by circumstance and psychological patterns.&nbsp; To reduce stress, you simply need to remove the factors that cause you to get stressed out.&nbsp; The herbs I mentioned, however, help "clean up" the aftermath of getting stressed.&nbsp; Meaning they are stress buffers, and minimize the damage done to your body through stress.&nbsp; I have noticed that holy basil helps me to feel less depleted after stressful situations.&nbsp; About 2 years ago I was dealing with a lot of anxiety, and doing holy basil was part of a lifestyle that helped me to move out of that phase.&nbsp; I was doing other things too, including meditation.&nbsp; It is my own life experience and not a clinical trial, so it s only anecdotal and not hard science.&nbsp; Ashwagandha too can really help you relax.&nbsp; Neither of these herbs have been shown to have any negative side effects.</DIV> <DIV>&nbsp;</DIV> <DIV>david ray~</DIV></FONT></TD></TR></TABLE>

msn_Russelll2
December 17th, 2003, 11:52 PM
<TABLE ><TR><TD><FONT size=2><DIV>Hello, David</DIV> <DIV>&nbsp;</DIV> <DIV>I saw that you listed the supplements that you take. I m listing the one s that I put together for my wife. I spent a long time coming up with this list, and </DIV> <DIV>with no medical background&nbsp; I m hoping some of you could help. I would love to hear from people like yourself and James W. , Brian C. and others. on wether you see something I should add or delete or if some should or shouldn t be taken at the same time..</DIV> <DIV>&nbsp;</DIV> <DIV>Note: All supplements have either a 1,2.or *** next to them. The number 1 she take for one week the number 2 she takes the next week and so on,&nbsp;the one s with the *** she takes both weeks (every day)&nbsp; I really would love some input on this. I did go over them with our doctor and she said it looked real good,but then she only looked at the list for about one minute.</DIV> <DIV>&nbsp;</DIV> <DIV>Here it is.#1 L-Cysteine 500mg, #1&nbsp;B Complex (B100) 50mg,#1 Nautral E&nbsp; 1000IU, #1Co-Enzyme Q-10 50mg,#1 Echinacea,#1 Cod Liver Oil A&amp;D, #1Siberian Ginseng 500mg,# Folic Acid 800mcg,#1 Andrographis, #1L-Glutathione 100mg, #1 Acetyl-l-Carnitine 500mg,#1 DHEA 25mg, #1B-5,#1 C 1000mg,&nbsp; #2 Selenium 200mg, #2 Zinc Glulconate 30mg, #2 Coral Calcium 400mg, #2 Pycnogenol 50mg,#2 Astragalus,#2 Ashwagandha,#2 B12 500mg,#2 Grape Seed Extract 50mg,#2 Odorless Garlic,400mg,#2 Flax Seed oil 1000mg,#2 Alpha Lipoic Acid 100mg</DIV> <DIV>&nbsp;</DIV> <DIV>***Selenium,***Pychogenol,***Grape seed extract,***Flax Seed Oil, ***Alpha Lipoic Acid,***Nautral E 1000,***Co-Enzyme&nbsp; Q-10,***Codiver Oil&nbsp; A&amp;D,*** L-Glutathione,***C,***B-5.</DIV> <DIV>&nbsp;</DIV> <DIV>Also we juice every night and I put 1&nbsp;Table spoon of Flax seed Oil 1 Table spoon of collidal silver and two table spoons of conola oil in the drink.</DIV> <DIV>&nbsp;</DIV> <DIV>Best Wishes to all</DIV> <DIV>&nbsp;</DIV> <DIV>&nbsp;</DIV> <DIV>&nbsp;</DIV></FONT></TD></TR></TABLE>

msn_draysea
December 18th, 2003, 05:15 AM
<TABLE ><TR><TD><FONT size=2><DIV>Hi Russell,</DIV> <DIV>&nbsp;</DIV> <DIV>I will print out your list and look at in more detail.&nbsp; I am by no means an expert.&nbsp; That said, I have a few comments.</DIV> <DIV>&nbsp;</DIV> <DIV>1. Echinacea is a diuretic, it causes your body to push stuff out.&nbsp; If you take it at the same time as other supplements, you are likely to pee out a lot of the nutrients and medicines that you are trying to take in.&nbsp; So it is best to take by itself.</DIV> <DIV>&nbsp;</DIV> <DIV>2. Grape seed extract and echinacea are both antibacterial.&nbsp; That means they can harm the friendly bacteria of your intestines.&nbsp; Grape seed extract especially will do this.&nbsp; It is very important if you take antibacterial herbs that you also replenish your friendly bacteria with yogurt, kefir, or probiotic supplements.&nbsp; I find that unsweetened kefir with guaranteed medicinal levels of probiotics is best.&nbsp; I do not think taking grape seed extract on a regular basis is necessary, only when you know you have a bacterial infection.&nbsp; I also feel that our friendly bacteria is a crucial aspect of our immune system.&nbsp; </DIV> <DIV>&nbsp;</DIV> <DIV>One thing I have not heard mentioned when people talk about the lifestyle of gay men in the 70 s that lead to AIDS is enemas.&nbsp; Many gay men used enemas often as a way to prepare for and also clean up after anal sex.&nbsp; Repeated enemas totally wipe out your friendly bacteria, it is like a flood wiping out a garden.&nbsp; May have been a factor in immune suppression, along with over-use of antibiotics, of course.</DIV> <DIV>&nbsp;</DIV> <DIV>3. I have noticed that L-glutathione is a very powerful detox supplement.&nbsp; It can create detox symptoms as it stimulates the liver to release stuff it wants to get rid of like toxins.&nbsp; I have just started to experiment with it, and I am realizing I do not want to take it all the time, because of these detox symptoms.&nbsp; Just a personal note from limited experience.</DIV> <DIV>&nbsp;</DIV> <DIV>I would like to experiment with astragalus and coenzyme-Q, but I can only do so many supplements at once!&nbsp; Co-Q is expensive, to boot.&nbsp; It can be mind-boggling sometimes, but like you I have gradually been refining my list.&nbsp; It can also be a lot of fun, as if my body is this great science experiment and a holy temple at the same time.</DIV> <DIV>&nbsp;</DIV> <DIV>Curious, have you ever read about or tried the blood type diet?</DIV> <DIV>&nbsp;</DIV> <DIV>;) david ray~</DIV></FONT></TD></TR></TABLE>

msn_Russelll2
December 19th, 2003, 10:09 PM
<TABLE ><TR><TD><FONT size=2><DIV>Thank you so much for your help David.</DIV> <DIV>&nbsp;</DIV> <DIV>&nbsp;</DIV> <DIV>Best Wishes, Russell</DIV></FONT></TD></TR></TABLE>

msn_WLAWonder
December 24th, 2003, 12:53 AM
<TABLE ><TR><TD><FONT size=2><DIV>In case you dont already know, most health authorities advise against taking glutathione directly, as it is poorly assimilated in the body.&nbsp; Better to take substances such as whey protein concentrate (Immunocal, Immunopro for ex.), NAC, Alpha Lipoic Acid, or Glutamine&nbsp; to&nbsp;boost glutathione levels.&nbsp; Normalizing glutathione levels is a key to healing oxidative stress, the real cause of AIDS.</DIV> <DIV>&nbsp;</DIV> <DIV>Also check out research behind L- Carnitine.&nbsp; But thanks for the list.&nbsp; </DIV> <DIV>&nbsp;</DIV> <DIV>David</DIV></FONT></TD></TR></TABLE>

msn_Russelll2
December 24th, 2003, 07:52 PM
<TABLE ><TR><TD><FONT size=2><DIV>Hello, David</DIV> <DIV>&nbsp;</DIV> <DIV>Could you tell me where I might find that glutathione shouldn t be taken directly? So you think that my wife shouldn t be taking the L-glutathione. Also could you tell me what you mean when you write (Immunocal, Immunopro for ex.) and the last question what is NAC</DIV> <DIV>&nbsp;</DIV> <DIV>Best Wishes, Russell</DIV></FONT></TD></TR></TABLE>

msn_Marsrover4
December 25th, 2003, 04:33 AM
<TABLE ><TR><TD><FONT size=2><DIV>Good information. I ll ask a similar question...So NAC which I take in capsule form of 600mg (one/day) is okay to take? And is the quantity sufficient?</DIV> <DIV>&nbsp;</DIV> <DIV>Also, I hear oxidative stress a lot...is there a specific test that can test for oxidative stress? Also, is oxidative stress tied to a heavy mucous formation around your sinuses/neck area?</DIV> <DIV>&nbsp;</DIV> <DIV>Thanks!</DIV></FONT></TD></TR></TABLE>

msn_aidsmythexposed-dot-com
December 25th, 2003, 01:51 PM
<TABLE ><TR><TD><FONT size=2>Mars:<BR><BR>Measuring glutathione levels is one way to get an idea how much oxidative stress may be occurring, as <a target=_top href="http://www.pnas.org/cgi/content/full/94/5/1967?ijkey=HxeTCINtOutYs">THIS STUDY</a> shows.<BR><BR>Rod Knoll</FONT></TD></TR></TABLE>

msn_aidsmythexposed-dot-com
December 25th, 2003, 09:28 PM
<TABLE ><TR><TD><FONT size=2>"Mars":<BR><BR>Most importantly, glutathione levels should be checked WITHIN blood cells, which is really the best way to check the level of ANY antioxidant.<BR><BR>Rod Knoll</FONT></TD></TR></TABLE>

msn_Zakkismom2
December 26th, 2003, 03:29 AM
<TABLE ><TR><TD><FONT size=2><FONT FACE=arial,helvetica>&lt;HTML><FONT SIZE=2 FACE="Arial">There is a supplement called Immunocal on the market.<BR>L Glutathione is suppose to absorb better than straight Glut but the studies say that the stomach acid nullifies any positive results of being absorbed at all.<BR>It is better to take precursors to glut. . .at least that s what i ve been reading.<BR>Also, NAC is used for kids with CF and people on secondwind support group (for lung tx) sometimes take it to cut the mucus but beware in susceptible people it can cause asthma attacks.<BR><BR>stephanie</FONT></FONT></TD></TR></TABLE>