PDA

View Full Version : Candida and pneumocystis (ame-h23)

msn_davidsf94103
November 12th, 2003, 02:44 AM
<TABLE ><TR><TD><FONT size=2>After reading the candida albicans discussion I m curious about the link between candida and pneumocystis carinii pneumonia - do people usually get pneumocystis without prior candida infection, for example.<BR><BR>I ve been haunted by the memory of the boyfriend of a very good friend who in 1987 or so was perfectly healthy until he got sick with pneumonia. He tested HIV+ so they diagnosed him with AIDS and put him on AZT. He died in 1990. His boyfriend told me the original diagnosis was pneumocystis and I had no reason not to believe it but now I m not so sure. Do otherwise healthy people get pneumocystis or would it almost certainly have to be some other kind of pneumonia?<BR><BR>Incidentally I don t doubt that this kid got pneumonia in the first place - he was a hard worker and people do get sick once in a while. But he was by no means a party boy. I had just spent time with him before he fell ill.</FONT></TD></TR></TABLE>

msn_aidsmythexposed-dot-com
November 12th, 2003, 03:27 AM
<TABLE ><TR><TD><FONT size=2>David:<BR><BR>It is important that you review this article: <a target=_top href="http://www.virusmyth.net/aids/data/epdarby.htm">http://www.virusmyth.net/aids/data/epdarby.htm</a> since it contains very crucial data about the tests used to diagnose "PCP". Even if a microbe DOES exist, there still could be serious problems with the tests used to diagnose infection with that microbe.<BR><BR>ALL of us have the PC microbe in our lungs. The question is, what causes it to become virulent? Did stress play a role in your friend s health? It might have. Also, your friend may very well have had PCP, but depending upon the test(s), if ANY, that his doctor used in rendering the diagnosis, he may have had something else. It is important to always ask if someone is being TARGETED for diagnosis because he or she comes from a certain so-called "risk group". The medical system has proven time and again that it is BIASED with regard to diagnosing "AIDS-defining illnesses" in so-called risk groups.<BR><BR>Rod Knoll,<BR>Moderator,<BR>AIDS Myth Exposed<BR><a target=_top href="http://www.aidsmythexposed.com">www.aidsmythexposed.com</a></FONT></TD></TR></TABLE>

msn_david94103
November 12th, 2003, 03:56 AM
<TABLE ><TR><TD><FONT size=2>I was mostly curious whether anyone knows whether TRUE PCP sufferers <br>will normally have some other kind of fungal infection. Seems to me <br>that I read somewhere that you shouldn&#39;t get PCP unless you&#39;re already <br>pretty sick.<br><br>I do suspect that this guy was misdiagnosed. If you knew how charming, <br>intelligent and sweet he was. I think he had just turned 30 when he died.<br><br>But then I think everyone&#39;s got a hundred stories like this.<br><br>d<br><br></FONT></TD></TR></TABLE>

November 12th, 2003, 05:00 AM
<TABLE ><TR><TD><FONT size=2>David:<BR><BR>I m sure there are studies purporting to examine so-called "co-infection" with PCP and candida, however, since fungi are possible causes of false positive PCP tests, the only way to know if it is "true PCP" might be to do an isolation experiment. However, given the fact that, unlike so-called "HIV", both PCP and candida are commensals in all of us, simple isolation may not prove much, either.<BR><BR>Perhaps titers would show something, provided they are titers of the actual microbe(s) and NOT titers of antibodies to the microbe(s)? Again, even when we are dealing with microbes that, unlike so-called "HIV", DO exist, there still could be problems in diagnosing infection with the microbes.<BR><BR>Rod Knoll,<BR>Moderator,<BR>AIDS Myth Exposed<BR><a target=_top href="http://www.aidsmythexposed.com">www.aidsmythexposed.com</a></FONT></TD></TR></TABLE>

msn_JamesWhiteheadUK
November 12th, 2003, 06:14 AM
<TABLE ><TR><TD><FONT size=2><FONT FACE=arial,helvetica><FONT SIZE=2 FACE="Arial">My advice about "PCP" pneumonia, ARDS, TB is forget the candida thats a by product/possible symptom of a disease process (oxidation) I would be more interested in addressing cystein, glutathione, anti oxidant abnormalities found both in plasma and lung linings.<BR><BR>Normaly the body kills candida through gassing it with nitric oxide , you need the cystein/glutathione/antioxidants as gas masks to protect your unaffected cells.<BR><BR>James</FONT></FONT></TD></TR></TABLE>

msn_david94103
November 12th, 2003, 06:33 AM
<TABLE ><TR><TD><FONT size=2>So that sort of answers my question - if someone were REALLY to come <br>down with PCP we would expect other symptoms of oxidative stress, eg <br>candida.<br><br>I guess what I&#39;m driving at in all this is, how do we dispel the <br>(deeply) ingrained notion among gay men that if you &quot;catch&quot; HIV, sooner <br>or later all these horrible diseases are going to hit you from out of <br>nowhere and there&#39;s nothing you can do about it.<br><br>Seems to me that if you were REALLY going to get PCP or KS you would <br>have some sort of warning well in advance - like, you&#39;d be pretty sick <br>for quite a while.<br><br>Any thoughts?<br><br>d<br><br>JamesWhiteheadUK wrote:<br><br>My advice about &quot;PCP&quot; pneumonia, ARDS, TB is forget the candida thats a <br>by product/possible symptom of a disease process (oxidation) I would be <br>more interested in addressing cystein, glutathione, anti oxidant <br>abnormalities found both in plasma and lung linings.<br><br>Normaly the body kills candida through gassing it with nitric oxide , <br>you need the cystein/glutathione/antioxidants as gas masks to protect <br>your unaffected cells.<br><br></FONT></TD></TR></TABLE>

November 12th, 2003, 11:58 AM
<TABLE ><TR><TD><FONT size=2>It IS true that, prior to the "AIDS" era, PCP and KS were DIAGNOSED much less frequently. However, because of difficulties in diagnosing these diseases, it is not possible to know how much the TRUE incidence of these diseases has increased since the advent of so-called "AIDS".<BR><BR>Also, it is crucial to again stress that, prior to "AIDS", PCP and KS were considered difficult diseases to diagnose, "even in experienced hands". However, nowadays, every "AIDS" doc and his brother seem to be "adept" at diagnosing these diseases. Tell-tale signs of corruption include the fact that, in so-called "AIDS" patients, both KS and PCP can be diagnosed PRESUMPTIVELY (i.e., without administering ANY tests, even INACCURATE ones!), and the fact that both diseases can be diagnosed SOLELY by X-RAYS! <BR><BR>I wonder if radiologists have sex in two dimensions and in black-and-white?!<BR><BR>Rod Knoll,<BR>Moderator,<BR>AIDS Myth Exposed<BR><a target=_top href="http://www.aidsmythexposed.com">www.aidsmythexposed.com</a><BR></FONT></TD></TR></TABLE>