PDA

View Full Version : 3rd meeting is the charm! (ame-a152)

msn_PauleeWhiting
September 4th, 2004, 11:43 PM
<TABLE ><TR><TD><FONT size=2><DIV> <DIV><FONT face=Arial size=2>&nbsp;</FONT>I am reporting to you live from my bedroom in Milwaukie with a&nbsp;summary of&nbsp;HEAL-Northwest 3rd meeting!&nbsp; Bill, Bob, Dan and I were in attendance and we mostly discussed various activism opportunities, including: <DIV>&nbsp;</DIV> <DIV>1) The Other Side of AIDS film possibly being shown at the upcoming Portland GLTB film festival in October.&nbsp; We discussed the&nbsp;extraordinary&nbsp;potential for passing out dissident literature after the film or--even more exciting--having Robin and Christine there to offer an pre- or post-film discussion!&nbsp; Once we know whether the festival has accepted the film, we can plan action accordingly.</DIV> <DIV>&nbsp;</DIV> <DIV>2) To that end, we are going to gather together various dissident brochures to see what, if any, we can use (as they exist) or what we can&nbsp;borrow to&nbsp;update ours&nbsp;for passing out!&nbsp; We agreed that a <EM>positive message</EM>--such as the one emphasises by Kelly&nbsp;about "we can live and love without fear"--with simple bullet points to raise the curiosity of our audience while&nbsp;NOT&nbsp;"shutting them down" to the dissident message is best.&nbsp; Our goal is to not encompass the whole dissident message in one publication, but to pique their curiosity and encourage them to explore on their own.</DIV> <DIV>&nbsp;</DIV> <DIV> <DIV>3) I am going to look into updating the Just Out listing for HEAL with our monthly meeting information, as well as&nbsp;to ascertain just how much of a dissident massage we can get away with in our local rag!&nbsp; It is my&nbsp;personal&nbsp;desire&nbsp;to reach out to those already (mis)diagnosed who may be questioning the logic of "HIV , so that they may know they re&nbsp;NOT alone.</DIV> <DIV>&nbsp;</DIV> <DIV>We will be meeting again on September 17th to discuss, as&nbsp;usual,&nbsp;whatever comes to mind as well as&nbsp;to provide updates on our activism ideas!</DIV> <DIV>&nbsp;</DIV> <DIV>This is Paul Whiting, signing off...</DIV></DIV></DIV></DIV></FONT></TD></TR></TABLE>