PDA

View Full Version : Chink in the armour (ame-a101)

msn_agere_contra
November 25th, 2003, 01:18 AM
<TABLE ><TR><TD><FONT size=2><DIV><FONT face="Geneva, Arial, Sans-serif" size=2>Ok team: I found an *unmoderated bulletin board* on the BBC site for people learning English and discussing AIDS. Someone has already posted a dissident discussion on it: strongly recommend we all post on it. We can be as verbose as we like. The board is unmoderated except for bad language, flaming&nbsp;and other solecisms that no AME member would never commit.&nbsp;&nbsp;Link follows:</FONT></DIV> <DIV><FONT face=Arial size=2></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV> <DIV><A target=_top href="http://www.bbc.co.uk/cgi-perl/h2/h2.cgi?board=learningenglish">http://www.bbc.co.uk/cgi-perl/h2/h2.cgi?board=learningenglish</A></DIV></FONT></TD></TR></TABLE>

msn_draysea
November 25th, 2003, 06:42 AM
<TABLE ><TR><TD><FONT size=2><DIV>I tried to post but it said the board was closed until tomorrow.&nbsp; Does this mean they will wait to post my message, or do I have to post it again?</DIV> <DIV>&nbsp;</DIV> <DIV>thanx,</DIV> <DIV>david</DIV></FONT></TD></TR></TABLE>

msn_agere_contra
November 25th, 2003, 04:24 PM
<TABLE ><TR><TD><FONT size=2><DIV><FONT face="Geneva, Arial, Sans-serif" size=2>Don t know what they meant by it being closed. Anyway, your message is right there now. </FONT></DIV> <DIV><FONT face="Geneva, Arial, Sans-serif" size=2></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV> <DIV><FONT face="Geneva, Arial, Sans-serif" size=2>Nice message BTW David: I particularly like the way you got round the no URL prohibition. I must remember that!</FONT></DIV> <DIV><FONT face=Arial size=2></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV> <DIV><FONT face=Arial size=2>This bulletin board is completely open for free discussion it would appear. Lets drive up the total number of messages on this board from 21 to 1021. From as many different people as possible.</FONT></DIV></FONT></TD></TR></TABLE>

msn_agere_contra
November 28th, 2003, 12:16 AM
<TABLE ><TR><TD><FONT size=2><DIV><FONT face="Geneva, Arial, Sans-serif" size=2>David: I think it was your question that got asked to Emma Thompson on Talking Point?</FONT></DIV> <DIV><FONT face="Geneva, Arial, Sans-serif" size=2></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV> <DIV><FONT face="Geneva, Arial, Sans-serif" size=2>"The symptoms used to diagnose Aids in Africa can often be explained by malaria, tuberculosis and malnutrition, conditions that have existed in Africa before the discovery of HIV. In light of this, would money given to Africa be better spent on food and sanitation than on Aids drugs? "</FONT></DIV> <DIV><FONT face="Geneva, Arial, Sans-serif" size=2></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV> <DIV><FONT face="Geneva, Arial, Sans-serif" size=2>It was the highlight of an otherwise anodyne program. Classic example of a Dune-style "slow blade piercing the shield", that question. Neat work! </FONT></DIV> <DIV><FONT face="Geneva, Arial, Sans-serif" size=2></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV> <DIV><FONT face="Geneva, Arial, Sans-serif" size=2>She went to the Zoo of course: developing the not-entirely novel theme that "Millions are Dying Right Now!!!" but she did make an intriguing statement:</FONT></DIV> <DIV><FONT face=Arial size=2></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV> <DIV><FONT face="Geneva, Arial, Sans-serif" size=2><EM>...if you are on antiretrovirals you need the proper sustenance for your body to be able to support the drug... </EM></FONT></DIV> <DIV><EM><FONT face=Arial size=2></FONT></EM>&nbsp;</DIV> <DIV><FONT face=Arial size=2>so she is aware&nbsp; - to some extent - of their extreme toxicity. Hmm.</FONT></DIV></FONT></TD></TR></TABLE>

msn_briancady413
December 2nd, 2003, 03:07 AM
<TABLE ><TR><TD><FONT size=2><DIV>Agere, nice point on the status of mind of Emma Thompson.</DIV> <DIV>&nbsp;</DIV> <DIV>&nbsp;Anyone know her personally, or know her family, freinds, etc?&nbsp;Approaching her&nbsp;via these&nbsp;might extend&nbsp;her attention span available to hear further questions on&nbsp;toxicity and the influence of malnutrition n AIDS and treatment response.</DIV> <DIV>&nbsp;</DIV> <DIV>Brian Cady</DIV></FONT></TD></TR></TABLE>