PDA

View Full Version : Getting the ones with the power (ame-a70)

msn_Pennee
September 23rd, 2003, 10:45 AM
<TABLE ><TR><TD><FONT size=2><DIV>I wrote this under the tread "More Fantastic News" on the General board.</DIV> <DIV>"Is everyone trying to write to Emma Ross, the Global AIDS ALLIANCE?&nbsp; I think these people are the ones who need some information?"</DIV> <DIV>&nbsp;</DIV> <DIV>I has occurred to me that the politicians need information.&nbsp; </DIV> <DIV>&nbsp;</DIV> <DIV>True Story - I wanted to stop some horrible abuse that was going on in an animal shelter I was volunteering in.&nbsp; Most people did not see it and the ones that did were afraid of the Head Honcho, Lee Bernstein of the Associated Humane Society of NJ.&nbsp; He had manipulated himself to be a dictator of the Society. I did not know where to go but I contacted a City councilman and a Senator and a news paper along with the Humane Society of the US and other animal rights groups.&nbsp; It turned out that a veterinarian also contacted the Humane Society of the US and the newspaper, (The Star Ledger...biggest one in NJ) finally put up a front page article about it.&nbsp; It took a year and Lee Bernstein fought back with lies.&nbsp; The paper had to have a lawyer go over the article with a fine tooth comb but at least it got out.&nbsp; Things changed slowly but they changed and now I ve heard they finally got the creep out.&nbsp; (I was banned from being a volunteer, by the way, the manager at that shelter told me he would lose his job if I was let into the shelter again.) </DIV> <DIV>&nbsp;</DIV> <DIV>A link if you care - not about AIDS but about how one person can gain control through devious means. </DIV> <DIV><A target=_top href="http://216.239.41.104/search?q=cache:oATDoHOj0pkJ:www.state.nj.us/sci/ahs.pdf+NJ+%22popcorn+park+zoo+%22allegations+anim al+abuse%22&amp;hl=en&amp;ie=UTF-8">http://216.239.41.104/search?q=cache:oATDoHOj0pkJ:www.state.nj.us/sci/ahs.pdf+NJ+%22popcorn+park+zoo+%22allegations+anim al+abuse%22&amp;hl=en&amp;ie=UTF-8</A></DIV> <DIV>&nbsp;</DIV> <DIV>&nbsp;</DIV> <DIV><STRONG><FONT color=#993333 size=5>If you write to a Senator in the US they HAVE to write you back.&nbsp; I imagine it is the same with a Congressman and other politicians.&nbsp; These people and others with power need to be bombarded with information.&nbsp; If enough know, something is bound to happen.</FONT></STRONG></DIV> <DIV>&nbsp;</DIV></FONT></TD></TR></TABLE>