PDA

View Full Version : Modest Proposal... (ame-a55)

msn_JustToddSF
July 10th, 2003, 03:07 AM
<TABLE ><TR><TD><FONT size=2><DIV>&nbsp; One thing about HIV / "AIDS" Dissidence, it sure ain t a&nbsp;get-rich scheme.&nbsp; Over my few&nbsp;years&nbsp; of involvement,&nbsp;one of the most annoying, crippling, and exhausting aspects of organized Dissidence is the fact that there is never enough money.&nbsp; Never enough for mailers, posters, books, leaflets, for securing lecture and support-group&nbsp;space.&nbsp; And forget there being something "left-over" for trivialities like feeding your volunteers, gas money, funds for a Dissident Library, etcetera.</DIV> <DIV>&nbsp;</DIV> <DIV>&nbsp;&nbsp; One of the things Dissidents tend to be (rightly) proud of is not taking money from the pharmas and from government organizations.&nbsp; So fund-raising usually becomes a matter of personal donations and finding sympathetic backers with money.&nbsp; But I have a viable and potentially effective solution to this delimma...</DIV> <DIV>&nbsp;</DIV> <DIV>&nbsp;&nbsp; We could start a Dissidence Fund.&nbsp; It s a simple matter of electing a few directors and pretty much begging Dissidents and those sympathetic to the cause to contribute small amounts on a regular basis to the Fund.&nbsp; </DIV> <DIV>&nbsp;</DIV> <DIV>&nbsp;&nbsp; You might (rightly) point out that this proabably wouldn t be much money, especially in light of all the global Dissident groups that are in serious need of some backing.&nbsp; I agree.&nbsp; That s why I think we should take the Dissident Fund donations collected from members on a regular basis and invest them all in the stock market.</DIV> <DIV>&nbsp;</DIV> <DIV>&nbsp;&nbsp; "Todd, you are crazy"&nbsp;&nbsp; I can hear some of you say.&nbsp; Investing in the stock market on behalf of Dissidents could very well be a hit-or-miss thing.</DIV> <DIV>&nbsp;</DIV> <DIV>&nbsp;&nbsp; You re forgetting something though.&nbsp; We have inside information.&nbsp; We know that the game is a fraud; that the players have it rigged, that the pharmas have little monopolies of guranteed sales and markets.&nbsp; WE KNOW THAT YOU CAN T LOOS PLAYING THE MARKET ON AIDS MEDS.&nbsp; We know this because we ve watched (in horror) over the years as this monopoly has grown and grown and made many, many people of average (or below) intelligence very, very rich.&nbsp; Why not use some of the wealth generated by their monopoly to fund organizations to take thease fuckers down ?</DIV> <DIV>&nbsp;</DIV> <DIV>&nbsp;&nbsp; Just a modest proposal.&nbsp; Think happy thoughts...</DIV> <DIV>&nbsp;</DIV> <DIV>&nbsp;- Todd Phillips</DIV> <DIV>San Francisco, CA</DIV> <DIV>&nbsp;</DIV> <DIV>=Dissidence Is Conscience=</DIV> <DIV>&nbsp;</DIV></FONT></TD></TR></TABLE>

msn_JamesWhiteheadUK
July 10th, 2003, 07:57 PM
<TABLE ><TR><TD><FONT size=2><FONT FACE=arial,helvetica><FONT SIZE=2 FACE="Arial">Dear Todd,<BR>I agree with your proposal, but disagree from investing in and profiting from poisioning people and corrupting medical . NH "s" , doctors, medical research ,science and government and entire communities "leaderships".<BR><BR>Besides that I would urge not to invest in such companies because when the truth comes out and it will, lets just say its going to have far greater effects than GDP of any or all countries.<BR><BR>Best investing in money making projects that employ those directley effected, that are healthy, dont damage the enviroment and enrich human life and well being. I would sooner give to a good resteruant ( organic if poss) a cooperative, a health food shop. book shop libary, a magazine, orgnic production of herbs say even African potato, grown by locals and owned by locals in south africa , helping to provide income, food, medicine, employment ????? Make a profit yes of course thats the only way forward but without harming people but doing the opposite enriching and enableing, one profit can go to other projects, but projects that make money as well but employing the same ethics of self empowerment and promoting good things instead of poisions and toxins. its the only way forward as I can see. <BR><BR>best Wishes<BR><BR>James<BR><BR><BR>Just some thoughts ?</FONT></FONT></TD></TR></TABLE>

msn_DeSigne1
July 12th, 2003, 05:02 AM
<TABLE ><TR><TD><FONT size=2><DIV><FONT face=Arial size=2>To Todd and To All AIDS Dissidents,</FONT></DIV><DIV>&nbsp;</DIV><DIV><FONT face=Arial size=2>You can invest in AIDS dissidence by purchasing Steven Goodman s brilliant album called "AID$ $CAM."</FONT></DIV><DIV><FONT face=Arial size=2>You can purchase it directly from him at the following e-mail address!</FONT></DIV><DIV><FONT face=Arial size=2><TABLE border=0 cellPadding=0 cellSpacing=0 class=Mtable width="100%"> &lt;FORM action=/cgi-bin/doaddresses method=post name=doaddy> <TBODY> <TR class=""> <TD></TD> <TD> <DIV><FONT class=s><A target=_top href="mailto:namdoog@juno.com">namdoog@juno.com</A></FONT></DIV> <DIV>&nbsp;</DIV> <DIV><FONT size=2>It will be a musical investment you will never forget! </FONT></DIV> <DIV><FONT size=2>I SWEAR TO THE GOOD CAUSE THAT WE BELIEVE IN!</FONT></DIV> <DIV><BR><FONT size=2>Sincerely,</FONT></DIV> <DIV><FONT size=2>Ronen DeSigne</FONT></DIV> <DIV>&nbsp;</DIV> <DIV>&nbsp;</DIV></TD></TR></TBODY>&lt;/FORM></TABLE></FONT></DIV></FONT></TD></TR></TABLE>

msn_JustToddSF
July 13th, 2003, 07:30 AM
<TABLE ><TR><TD><FONT size=2><DIV>Why buy it, when I can just download it off kazaa lite ?</DIV></FONT></TD></TR></TABLE>

msn_Astone55
August 2nd, 2003, 12:05 PM
<TABLE ><TR><TD><FONT size=2><DIV>While I agree with the Dissidence Fund, we are forgetting the people of Africa who need more funding because they have to reach out to people in person other than the internet. Isn t it time to think about this project globally? The Africans need more funding than you folks in the so called first world!</DIV></FONT></TD></TR></TABLE>

msn_JamesWhiteheadUK
August 2nd, 2003, 05:23 PM
<TABLE ><TR><TD><FONT size=2><FONT FACE=arial,helvetica><FONT SIZE=2 FACE="Arial">Deat Elelyne,<BR><BR>I could not agree more, but would also add that any such projects should be mainley run by and for those directley effected, I am talking about&nbsp; self empowerment and co operative self empowerment. For me "aids" has always been all about disempowerment. Hence the antidote self empowerment/ co operative self empowerment.<BR><BR>Best Wishes Go Well<BR><BR>Hugs<BR><BR>James London</FONT></FONT></TD></TR></TABLE>

msn_UNKNOWN_AUTHOR_NAME
August 21st, 2003, 03:16 AM
<TABLE ><TR><TD><FONT size=2><FONT color=red>This message has been deleted due to termination of membership.</FONT></FONT></TD></TR></TABLE>

msn_MrKenA1
August 23rd, 2003, 11:57 AM
<TABLE ><TR><TD><FONT size=2>Todd, if we invested in Pharma and were successful we d be shooting ourselves in the foot in terms of our investments. I too don t get the logic, and the ethics stink. Investing in genocide to raise money to end genocide?<BR><BR>Or are you suggesting put options -- options bought on the basis that stocks would drop, like those purchased prior to 9-11?</FONT></TD></TR></TABLE>

msn_effnc
October 22nd, 2003, 06:29 AM
<TABLE ><TR><TD><FONT size=2>Dear Todd<BR><BR>If you were really concerned about the well- being of people in general and not only for this group (which covers only a small percentage of chemicals produced by the Big pharms)<BR>and would like to set up a fund or somethin , why reinvent the wheel? We are already busy with the greatest courtcase effecting all peoples of this world, what ever disease they carry. Haven t you read previous entry? "I HAVE A DREAM?"<BR>I may not have been very explicit in that message, but hey, I did think that I was writing to intelligent people who would know how to research a bit along the way(-:<BR>If you ve missed it, the sites given in that message are fighting for health freedom,meaning that we could not allow the BigPharms to totally dominate the world and their Governments with socalled health systems.They deal in disease and is also important to them to keep the disease going.How else do they make money? Check out the sites and enlighten yourself. Maybe... put your money where your mouth is. I do:-) I cannot afford to pay anything as I have no job,but I still find the 10 bucks because this involves peoples health. I stopped paying for "Cancer, M.S,<BR>R.A. and all the other socalled researches" long ago because of the infiltration of the BigParms. As I and millions of others are seeing that the only way is to rise up and be counted. It is also widely known what Aspartame,Fluoride,Radio waves and chemicals can do and have done in the past, We are all victims of it. But with your support &lt;NOT FOR LONG!</FONT></TD></TR></TABLE>